Important stuff for the parents or guardians of children attending BOSCAPS!
Important Notice to Parents
To ensure that your children have a happy and safe experience please read the following:
- Parents are responsible for seeing that their children arrive safely at BOSCAPS and are collected safely afterwards.
Children should be instructed not to leave BOSCAPS early – any child doing so must inform a co-ordinator (there will always be one in the Main Entrance Hall). At the end of each day children must be collected from the main hall.
N.B. BOSCAPS does not accept liability for any child leaving before the end of a session.
- In the event of medical attention being required during BOSCAPS, the co-ordinators will try to contact the child’s parents / carers but, if contact cannot be made, the co-ordinators will take such steps as seem appropriate for the welfare of the child.
- Each child will be given a bag at registration to carry their belongings in and things they make on the scheme. Please ensure your child brings this bag each day as it will also have their registration number on. We encourage the bags to also be taken in any trips the child attends.
- Lost property will be held in the Main Hall until the end of BOSCAPS. Please claim it.
- BOSCAPS have the right to refuse admission to any child whose behaviour is unacceptable or disruptive to the playscheme.
- In the interest of your child / children’s safety, any adult on the premises without a helpers label will be requested to leave the premises.
- Please dress your children in appropriate play clothes (children tend to get very messy during some craft sessions).
- For the safety of all children, co-ordinators and helpers are
CRB checked before they are allowed to help at BOSCAPS.
- Wristbands must be worn at all times.
- If a child does bring a mobile phone to the scheme it will be kept safe until the end of the session.
- Please label any bags, purses etc that the children bring to the scheme.
All children must register daily. This is done in the Main Hall at 9.30am each morning (entry will not be allowed before 9.30am) You will be given a wristband with your name and number on – just give us your number each morning and we will tick you in. Please ensure that this is worn at all times.
Signing in and out
Please leave your children at the entrance to the main hall and collect them promptly at 12.30 each day. Our helpers will be on hand to help the children register.
Please rest assured that our only aim is to keep every one of the children safe and at the same time comply with all the legislation regarding children and playschemes.
If anyone has any queries they will be dealt with at the enquiry desk just inside the hall.
For the safety of all children it is a requirement that all children have to be signed in and out each day. Children will not be allowed to go home unaccompanied without a consent letter from parents.
Please note that the daily registration procedure is an insurance requirement and a fire safety regulation. It is for your child’s protection – please help us to enforce it. No parent will be allowed on campus while the scheme is running. Should you need to collect your child early please let us know.
In the event of HOT WEATHER please ensure children have a named hat and sun protection on.
Please register in the Main Hall daily and collect your ‘HELPERS LABEL’. This helps to ensure that there are no unauthorised persons on the premises whilst BOSCAPS is in progress. If you leave before the end of a session please inform a co-ordinator so that in the event of a fire we do not come looking for you! All helpers must be 15 years or over to volunteer.
A full fire drill will be organised during the week. On hearing the fire alarm everyone must proceed to the Fire Drill Point in front of Orchard Block building immediately. Get into the correct line and await further instructions.
On no account must anyone return to any building until told it is safe to do so.
Children will be asked to get in line according to their number which will be displayed i.e. 1 to 50, 51 to 100 etc. It is important that wristbands are clearly visible at all times and are not taken off during the morning.
These are situated in the Main Hall, this board highlights the days activities (special events) and gives a reminder of what’s on.
T-shirts will be given to each child on the scheme. Tee shirts will be given out on first day of scheme. The only way to guarantee your child getting the correct size is to register at the registration dates. Please state on the registration form your childs size. BOSCAPS will do everything we can to get your child the correct size; however we cannot guarantee either getting a T-shirt or the correct size if you register late.